“Ronia don’t you have a thing for your trainer, would you consider him! He is great boyfriend material!”
I cannot tell you how many of my friends have said this to me this past year and a half! And let’s not forget even my mom has said this to me! You see in April 2015 my trainer walked into my birthday party with his guns and good physique on show flashing his great smile and holding a bunch of flowers which he got for me and I haven’t stopped hearing about it since! He truly made a lasting impression! *This party was my big reveal party after 1year of working with him and losing 3stone, I did not allow him to miss it!
Just today another one of my really good friends asked me about my trainer! It made me really think about “love in the gym” and made me ask myself why do we really fall for our trainers:
Here are my top 8 reasons:
- Their physique (of course) – needs no explanation!
- They listen to us talk – about everything and anything!
- They get to know us and our body REALLY well – let’s be honest who else really knows your body measurements?
- We link happiness and joy with our trainers!
- We are extremely vulnerable with them – we moan, cry, want to give up and laugh with them.
- We develop a strong relationship !
- We release oxytocin (love hormone) & endorphins (feel good hormones ) when we exercise & associate those feelings with them.
- Trainers encourage, support & cheer us on!
You can simply see why anybody including celebrities and royalty fall for their trainers! Those 8 reasons would make the perfect relationship!
Now before my trainer falls over backwards thinking that I have developed a crush on him and I am declaring my undying love to him via this post, let me just say I haven’t fallen for my trainer. However anybody who knows me well knows that I absolutely do adore my trainer and speak extremely highly of him!
Here are my main reasons I have not been struck by Cupid’s personal trainer arrow:
- I RESPECT HIM A LOT – words can’t describe how much I respect all he has done to help me get to this point!
- I respect his profession
- I would not work out well – but instead I would act like a giggly 5yr old with a playground crush
- I actually want to learn, grow & change
- I respect his reputation and morals
- I would like to be like him one day
Now as we return into the gym as either a regular or a newbie getting inducted this week, if Cupid’s arrow does strike you and you get the hearts on for a trainer please try your very very very best to NOT do any of these things:
- Turn up to your sessions looking like Beyoncé at the 2014 Met Gala
- Flirt with your trainer
- Wear see through gym attire
- Text them especially “Hey what’s up”
- Ask them out
- Kiss them
- Touch them
- Ask them to touch you
This year lets just try and respect our trainers and go into sessions eager to learn and change!
Much love & Stay healthy
*article featured on HBC